Website: Onkologie | Fachkompetenz | Kinderspital Zürich (uzh.ch) (in Germany only)
Costs: The costs of the follow-up clinic are usually charged to your health insurance company (please note: franchise) or invalidity insurance (in the case of a defect from birth)
Languages: German, English, French (or with an interpreter)
Opening hours: Monday to Friday by appointment, transition clinic Thursday and Friday
Information on the clinic:
Today, children and adolescents with cancer have very good chances of recovery. All patients require follow-up checks after their treatment has been completed. On the one hand, the focus is on tumour follow-up care, and on the other, seeing whether there are any late effects which have been caused by the tumour or the therapy. We draw up an individualised follow-up care plan for every patient based on international recommendations. This also entails accompanying those affected and their families right into adulthood.
- Follow-up care for all forms of cancer and types of tumour in childhood and adolescence once therapy has been concluded
- Interdisciplinary networking with endocrinology, psychology and other disciplines
- Transition clinic for adolescents and young adults – here, we decide on a suitable place for further follow-up care and issue a Survivor Care Plan
- Open to former patients of all age groups, as well as to patients from other clinics and countries who would like to discuss necessary checks.
- Follow-up care for patients after haematopoietic stem cell transplantation takes place in the Department for Stem Cell Transplantation