Kinderkrebshilfe Zentralschweiz (Childhood Cancer Aid Central Switzerland) has existed as an association since 1995 and represents the interests of children with oncological diseases and their families in Central Switzerland. It supports and relieves those affected where it is needed most – with financial as well as intangible aid.
Important financial contributions are made to help out with uncovered illness-related expenses, for example, because families have enough to worry about without financial burdens. Regular visits and onco meetings at the hospital enable parents to take a short break from everyday hospital life to meet other affected people and exchange experiences. Children are given toys and hand-made items that can also be used in their hospital beds, something they really appreciate. Numerous activities are also organised to provide carefree moments for those affected where they can chat and enjoy time together. In addition, the association also provides grief and bereavement counselling whenever necessary.
- Intangible and financial aid
- Support in safeguarding interests in contact with organisations and officials from the health care sector
- Creating contact opportunities for affected parents and relatives
- Information, counselling and/or mediation
- Fulfilling children’s wishes where possible
- Organising events with a social character
Off to the mountains!
Childhood Cancer Aid Central Switzerland is now offering stays in Graubünden.
Twenty-five years of Childhood Cancer Aid Central Switzerland
Belated anniversary celebrations.