Kinderkrebshilfe Schweiz (Childhood Cancer Parent's Organization Switzerland) was founded in 1987 as the german-speaking Interest Group for Children with Cancer. Since then, the association has been committed to providing financial support, advice, information and a wide range of activities for affected families.
"Your child has cancer": these four words change the lives of entire families from one day to the next.
Although optimum medical care is essential, the understanding, support and positive mindset of the people surrounding patients and their families are important factors in achieving a cure.
Kinderkrebshilfe Schweiz encourages information-sharing and puts families with similar experiences in touch with each other.
Services and activities
We put affected people in touch with other affected people so they can support and encourage each other and recharge their physical and emotional resources during time out.
Specifically, we provide assistance in the form of a range of services:
- Advice and useful contacts, etc.: personal, direct, professional and networked
- Financial support: we help people with cancer-related financial difficulties by contributing to parking and travel costs during time at hospital, accommodation in a Ronald McDonald House, providing care for siblings, home help, funeral costs, etc.
- Financing rehabilitation stays for young people with cancer and their families
- Holidays and activities: a unique and varied range of activities and holidays for young and old to make sure that life doesn't lose its colour
- Distribution of free brochures, factsheets and other information on childhood cancer
- Support for research projects that benefit children with cancer and survivors
- Funding projects and conferences that are geared to the needs of affected families